Canadian Crate Engines Warranty
Canadian Crate Engines warrants for 36 months or 60,000 kilometers/36,000 miles whichever occurs first subsequent to the original retail purchase, that it will repair or replace, at its option, any engine part that, after inspection, is found to have failed due to a defect in factory supplied material or workmanship. Canadian Crate Engines may use new or remanufactured parts for replacement.
Covered engine parts include the engine block and cylinder heads, all internally lubricated parts of the engine, including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain, timing chain gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, valve lash adjusters, hydraulic or mechanical lifters and valve stem seals, to the extent that the original engine contains the referenced warranted part.
- If you hear any strange noises or the engine is running strangely, take it to a licensed mechanic immediately and have them call us. Have your engine ID number or invoice number with you when you call.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact us first. Do not attempt to open up the engine and begin fixing it without our consent.
Your engine is designed for a specific application (automotive or marine) and is only covered by this Limited Warranty when used for its specified application.
Parts that require normal manufacturers recommended replacement intervals are not covered under this warranty, nor are regularly serviced items such as valve adjustments and carburetor adjustments.
In the Province of Quebec, none of the limitations and exclusions below will exclude or restrict the warranty provided for in Sections 37 and 38 of the Quebec Consumer Protection Act. This warranty does not preclude the operation of any other provincial statute, which in certain circumstances may not allow some of the limitations and exclusions described in this warranty.
To the extent allowed by law, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of the use of the vehicle, commercial loss and incidental and consequential damages are not covered. There is no other express or implied warranty on these engines including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Engine Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Leaks resulting 90 days after date of delivery.
- Damages resulting from detonation or pre-ignition, including but not limited to melted or broken pistons, broken or scored rings, damaged cylinder heads or gaskets, scoring on cylinder walls or piston heads.
- Damages resulting from improper pre-lubrication prior to start-up.
- Damage or repairs required as a consequence of faulty installation, misuse, misapplication, abuse, improper servicing, contamination, unauthorized alteration or improper operation.
- Damage as a result of lack of lubrication
- Damage as a result of faulty carburetion (excessively rich/lean)
- Camshaft failures due to improper break in procedure.
- Parts which are replaced as part of normal maintenance.
- Installation or removal costs. All warranty work is done out of chasis.
- Damage due to addition of power adders such as superchargers, turbochargers or nitrous oxide.
- Engines where the vehicle odometer has been disconnected or the mileage has been altered.
- Damage caused by lack of proper maintenance, failure to follow maintenance schedule intervals or failure to use or maintain proper type and levels of fluids, fuel, oil and lubricants.
- Towing, shipping, rental vehicles, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use or other economic loss to the extent allowed by law, except in the Province of Quebec where reasonable costs of towing and shipping are covered.
- Proof of proper maintenance is the owner’s responsibility. Keep all receipts and be prepared to make them available if questions arise about maintenance.ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS WILL BE DENIED WITHOUT PROOF OF ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND ALL MAINTENANCE RECORDS.To obtain warranty repair or replacement, please contact Canadian Crate Engines directly.
ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS WILL BE DENIED WITHOUT PROOF OF ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND ALL MAINTENANCE RECORDS.
To obtain warranty repair or replacement, please contact Canadian Crate Engines directly.